A game I use with my students that needed a little ‘Dr Seuss-ing’.
- Put the cards on the music stand
- You need two or more players
- Remove the Middle C card. It isn’t needed on the violin
- Each player takes a turn turning over a card
- Start from the lowest note. ie, if the first player turns over a ‘G’, they have to play the lowest G on the violin. Second player turns over a card. If they turn over an ‘F’, they have to the play an ‘F’ higher than the first note (ie would be second finger on the D string). Keep turning over cards and going higher and higher on the violin. The player who can go the highest wins! Great for reviewing position work.
- Put the cards on the piano stand
- Two players are needed
- It’s your choice to keep one or two Middle C cards in – two if you want a really fast game.
- Choose your end of the piano. Turn over cards alternating between players, and work your way into the centre of the piano. First player to turn over a ‘Middle C’ card wins.
The front and backs of the cards are here: Note Race Cards I recommend printing out two copies of the cards.