‘Repentance Brings Forgiveness’ Singing Time Activity
My singing time this Sunday is going to be based on a story from the Friend Magazine (link is as the end of this post).
- - A copy of the story (found here: Showing Sorry)
- - A large laminated copy of the maze (I printed mine in poster format then laminated it). The maze is found in the link at the end of this post.
- - A list of repentance songs to sing and complete maze pictures (found here: Eli’s Maze complete pictures) I cut out the pictures and glued the ‘matching’ songs or actions to the back of the pictures. Blue tac these up on the wall/whiteboard next to the maze.
- Read the story out to Jnr Singing Time and have Snr Singing Time read out the story in order.
- Show them Eli’s map. Choose reverent children to draw their way from Eli to objects on the map, eventually reaching Mum. The aim is not to knock over any more piles of washing!
- As the children reach objects/people on the maze , turn over the corresponding picture and sing the songs or do the actions. If you don’t like the ones I have chosen that’s easy! Write your own on the back.
The original idea for this story is here:http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=17f0ad2dbbb94210VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=21bc9fbee98db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD
Post edit: I saved the picture of ‘Eli’ until last, as it was great to finish on ‘I Am A Child of God’. This singing time worked really well for both my Jnrs and Snrs today. If you don’t have much time, read the story out to the Snrs instead. I handed the front row the cut up storyline and they read it one by one.