Kiss or Miss – Song Revision Game
I purchased a Classic Bag of Hershey’s Kisses on my recent trip to the US. I think they’re the red, silver and gold ones? – we don’t have them in Australia (only silver, and they’re difficult to find), so it’s my special treat for Snr Primary.
I’m not doing this game with Jnr Primary, because it won’t work in my ward at the moment.
The game is like pass the parcel, but there’s a twist.
– Have the children sit in a large circle.
– Instruct your Pianist on the song you wish to revise and how to play.
How to play:
– Drop 3 or 4 ‘Kisses’ into the hand of a child.
– Start the music. The children need to sing along to the music.
– When the music stops, tell the child left holding the Kisses “Kiss or Miss”. The child holding the Kisses can choose to sing the next line of the song, or miss out, and pass the Kisses on to the next child to sing the line. Once they sing the next line (or mime actions if they are a non-singer or self conscious) they can keep the Kisses.
– Give the child 3 or 4 more kisses to pass around, and begin from the line they just sang (you could repeat that line and keep going).
– You might have a ‘savvy’ pianist who selectively chooses when to stop, so that everyone gets a turn.
– Make sure you have enough Kisses to hand out to all the children who haven’t received any when your time runs out.
– Think about what you’re going to do if a child/children get a second go. Do they have to give the kisses to a teacher? To the Primary President? Share with other children? Keep for themselves? I would haven’t any children sit out for this game.